Packers - Residential
Assists the move Supervisor (Driver/Crew Chief) with each move project and works as a team player to ensure quality service and customer satisfaction. Work may involve moving, storage, or packing services for residential or commercial relocation services.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Capable of lifting 50+ lbs.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with other crew members, clients, and move consultants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists/helps with the pick-up (loading), transportation, and delivery (unloading and placement) of household goods or office furniture/equipment in accordance with established standards and procedures
• Routinely involves lifting, movement and placement of heavy items by hand or with the assistance of material handling equipment (hand-truck or dolly).
• Receives instruction from crew leader and adheres to all company policies and safety rules.
• Represents the Company in a professional manner.
• Works with other team members to ensure customer satisfaction and contract compliance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving boxes and crates to high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. Must adhere to established safety and OSHA regulations.
About Joe’s Moving & Storage
Joe’s Moving & Storage isn’t just a moving company, it’s a team of trained professionals providing worry-free full-service relocation to a variety of clients, from military service members to commercial customers to our next-door neighbors. Our philosophy is simple: We want our clients to have their best move experience.
We are always looking for passionate employees who want to help people. At Joe’s Moving, we strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
If you are looking for a career with a great company that is willing to invest in your success, apply today!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Education: High School or GED equivalent
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
To apply for this opportunity, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.