Miami Moving Warehouse Specialist / Licensed Operator
Location: Miami, FL
Receives, stores, retrieves, and distributes shipments and materials within a large warehouse facility.
Successful candidate will perform warehouse operations, material handling, inventory activities, loading, unloading, materials and office equipment onto and from trucks for delivery and/or storage.
• Must have a valid Non-CDL license with clean driving record.
• Ability to function in a fast paced, sometimes high-pressured environment, meeting the high expectations of customers and service management staff.
• Requires multi-tasking, and attention to detail skills.
• Ability to use a computer is a plus.
• Must be a self-starter, capable of operating with minimal direction or supervision.
• Candidates must have good communication skills and be able to lift up to 55 pounds on a routine basis.
• Previous warehouse and/or logistics experience preferred.
• Forklift certification preferred.
• Distribution experience preferred.
• Possess the desire to make a difference.
• Be a quick learner, thriving in a fast-paced environment.
• Have excellent problem solving skills.
• Be highly organized and detail orientated.
• Experience in a high-volume warehouse environment preferred.
• Experience using pallet jacks, electric pallet jacks and forklifts preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reads schedules, customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed, or crated.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, pallets, or other storage system according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Sorts and stores goods in designated rooms/areas.
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other items and distributes items to workers.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Marks materials with identifying information.
• Opens crates and other containers.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within the warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Uses computer to enter records.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to staging area for shipment.
• Completes requisition forms to order supplies.
• Prepares parcels for mailing and maintains inventory records
• Provide deliveries to customer workspace
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving boxes and crates to high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. Must adhere to established safety and OSHA regulations.
About Joe’s Moving & Storage
Joe’s Moving & Storage isn’t just a moving company, it’s a team of trained professionals providing worry-free full-service relocation to a variety of clients, from military service members to commercial customers to our next-door neighbors. Our philosophy is simple: We want our clients to have their best move experience.
We are always looking for passionate employees who want to help people. At Joe’s Moving, we strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
If you are looking for a career with a great company that is willing to invest in your success, apply today!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Education: High School or GED equivalent
Job Type: Full Time
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
To apply for this opportunity, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.