Miami Local Class A Driver - Residential
Location: Miami, FL
Drives diesel powered truck to transport and deliver household goods in loose or packaged form. Positions may support the residential (household goods) division of the Company.
• Active Class "A" CDL License
• Prior moving & storage or furniture delivery experience a plus
• Experience as a crew leader or supervisor
• Must pass a DOT physical
• 1+ years of experience driving with a commercial license
• Capable of lifting 50+ lbs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for transport of household goods or commercial equipment and furniture from origin to destination.
• Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition.
• Responsible for maintaining clean, safe, operating condition of assigned vehicles and equipment.
• Maintains driver log per FMCSA regulations.
• Manages workers in loading and unloading goods, material, and equipment.
• Adheres to all safety, OSHA, and DOT regulations in accordance with the Company’s Safety Program and initiatives.
• Adherence to drug-free workplace initiatives.
• Manages on-site crews to ensure efficient and effective service and delivery to clients and homeowners.
• Actively participates in moving materials, equipment, furniture, household goods, and managing packing and crating of valuables and hard-to-move items.
• Maintains tool kit for the installation, assembly and breakdown of furniture, cubicles, or other items for transport.
• Acts as liaison with customer service reps, dispatch, and warehouse staff to meet Company’s obligations to the client.
• Responsible for accurate and complete transactions on all paperwork; securing signatures, collection of payment, and reconciliation of discrepancies.
• Submit paperwork to Dispatchers to validate crew man-hours and report any incidents.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving boxes and crates to high, precarious places. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 55 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. Must adhere to established safety and OSHA regulations.
About Joe’s Moving & Storage
Joe’s Moving & Storage isn’t just a moving company, it’s a team of trained professionals providing worry-free full-service relocation to a variety of clients, from military service members to commercial customers to our next-door neighbors. Our philosophy is simple: We want our clients to have their best move experience.
We are always looking for passionate employees who want to help people. At Joe’s Moving, we strive to attract and train the very best employees and provide them with ongoing career development, benefits, and a path for advancement.
If you are looking for a career with a great company that is willing to invest in your success, apply today!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Education: High School or GED equivalent
Job Type: Full Time & Part Time
% of Travel Required : 0-10%
To apply for this opportunity, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.